Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Historic Annapolis Royal
I bet you thought I had disappeared! I am still here, just busy with life and very lazy about updating the blog these days. I find it difficult to set enough time aside to sit down and ramble on! As it's Thanksgiving today here in Canada and we have a day off, I thought I would put in the effort and write a little something.

I have been out and about with my camera most weekends. This weekend I was back in Annapolis Royal again on the prowl for Fall Colours. The weather has for the most part has remained beautifully sunny and warm, although the temperatures have dropped at night now and we have had our first mild frost in the city. The trees are about 50-75% turned now and they look stunning. Earlier today Rob and I took a quick stroll around Shubie Park the water was still and the reflections gorgeous.

I was at the Pumpkin Farm last weekend and picked out this year's Pumpkin for carving. It will no doubt look the same as every other year, but it's bigger than the one we had last Halloween. I have pretty much bagged up all the candy ready for the trick or treaters as it's just another chore I don't want to have to do last minute. Also since I last updated the blog, Rob and I chalked up our 15th wedding anniversary...This shocks me. Where in did that time go! It only seems like yesterday we were in Vegas getting wed!

I am loving the new car, I think that's mainly the reason I have been out more than in. I love driving it around, (as long as it's out of the city), it's so smooth and economical on gas.

I am also up to my eyes in TV at the moment, so much to watch I don't really know where start. The Voice USA, Strictly, Dancing with the Stars and lest we not forget The Apprentice UK starts this week. I am also watching some US dramas. Quantico, How to get away with Murder, The Blacklist (always one of my faves) and an odd one for me, as I am certainly NOT a Batman fan, but I absolutely love the series...Gotham! I watched series one on Netflix and am now hooked on the current series on cable.

Now if you know me I am not one for sports, but I cannot help but be excited about the Toronto Blue Jays making the Play Offs. I understand a bit more about baseball now than I ever did before. For them to reach this stage they had to play (I think) around 126 games in the season. Now they are battling the best of the best. Having watched them play Miami earlier in the season in Toronto I feel I have more of a vested interest in seeing if they can bring home the trophy! Go Blue Jays Go!

I will leave you with some of my recent images. Click on any image to view larger...Go on, you know you want to!

Northwest Cove

Looking out on Fall, Annapolis Royal


Southwest Cove

Return to the Potting Shed - The Tangled Garden

Under the Apple Trees

Fall Reflections, Shubie Park




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template