Sunday, February 1, 2015

Still Here

It looks like Winter proper has kicked in now, after a relatively snow free December and half of January, we got a first 'full on' Winter storm last week. It moved up the Eastern Seaboard affecting NY and Boston the worst as no doubt you will have seen in the papers and on the news, it was a pretty messy affair for us and as usual it was a battle to get to work, I luckily grabbed a lift in with a colleague and we were sent packing at noon as the roads were terrible. Since then it has snowed more, thawed, frozen, chucked down some freezing rain which took Rob and I 20 minutes to chip a thick layer of ice of the car, then it snowed some more and has now frozen again and guess what...we are due another winter storm on Tuesday...Yay!...NOT!

In case you haven't spotted it yet I hate the snow and winter in general and it has literally sapped any life out of me, I go to work I come home and I don't do anything. Just getting on the computer is proving an enormous effort as you can see from my lack of updates.

Rob has been pretty busy in and out on call his colourful language appears to be getting worse every time he has to go outside to empty the bins, shovel the driveway, open the shed or go out in general. It's been so cold that the lock keeps freezing on the shed door which maddens him to the point I think his head is going to explode, I watched him earlier doing a Basil Fawlty and kicking it relentlessly.

Although I maybe inside more than out, it has certainly given me plenty of time to watch lots and lots of TV. Something I missed in the UK but have now watched on Netflix is 'Last Tango in Halifax' What a fantastic series that is, I loved it, and it has to be right up there with my all time fave TV series now. I have also finished watching the latest series of Lilyhammer, which is a series that so shouldn't work in theory but just does, it too is one of my favourites. I could list so many more but there are way too many of them. I have been engrossed in Celebrity Big Brother and loving it. I am torn as to who I want to see win it but I think as a beacon of calm in a sea of Chaos, Keith Chegwin should win it. I have been sharing many tweets with the BB fans and Interact quite regularly with Judi James the Body Language expert on Big Brother's bit on the side, I have also been interacting with Chris Wright one the contestants from last Summer's Civilian BB (he was my favourite to win it but sadly evil prevailed over good). I should mention that I have also in the past had Twitter one or two interactions with Keith Chegwin (when he was on Dancing on Ice). I love Twitter and interactions like these make it so much more interesting.

I will leave you with my favourite viral video that never fails to put a smile on my face...I love it even more as he reminds me of Hank from Breaking Bad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template