Sunday, February 15, 2015

Another Storm

Here I am again with nothing much to report except the dreadful weather.

I celebrated my birthday on Feb 10th, I say celebrated in the loosest of terms, it was possibly the most lack lustre birthday to date. I would like to thank all of you that sent cards and gifts, much appreciated. I found birthday wishes from my work colleagues on a big poster they made in the loo....Commonly known now as my second office. A customer bought me in a cake, which was sweet and Rob brought back a Chinese takeaway. My birthday wish was that it didn't snow that day, but sadly that wish didn't come true and it was yet another messy day on the roads, however that was nothing compared to the weather today. We have had more snow, followed by ice pellets and then a load of rain as the temperature rose for about 2 hours, which caused some melting of the massive amounts of snow everywhere, that in turn has and is now flash freezing again as the temperature drop back down to around minus 15.

The last few weeks have been relentless, almost everyday it has been a struggle to go anywhere and try and keep on top of snow clearing. Just leaving the house requires a good extra ten minutes just to get extra layers of clothing on and boots of course. This Winter really has turned into possibly the worst one yet here for me. I hate it! My mood is bleak most of the time, I cannot be bothered with anything. So if I haven't written back to you recently, it's because even the computer holds no interest for me. I am pretty sure I am not alone in feeling this way, most people I know seem to have no energy and sleeping way more than they normally do.

I am hoping upon hoping that this weather ends soon and I can begin to get out of this funk.
One good thing in amongst the weather gloom is that we have a new Stat/Bank holiday tomorrow. Many other parts of Canada already celebrate a day off in Feb as Family Day. Nova Scotia have called it Heritage Day and tomorrow is the first one. I am thrilled to be having a day off as it means I don't have to try and get into work. I find it funny that most other Provinces call their holiday 'Family Day' yet Nova Scotia has to call it something else.

I will leave you with a couple of snowy images - On the left a view of the front garden and driveway, on the left a car buried in snow out the back on of the units next to where I work. The image was taken last week. Good job they left the windscreen wipers up to stop  them getting snow covered!!!! I actually saw the lady owner digging it out Thursday but by Friday it had more snow on it. I am also posting my favourite viral cat video of the week.

Spot the car in the right hand image! Click to view larger!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template