Sunday, March 2, 2014

Home Show

Another week done and it's March already, I find this very scary! We had some more snow this week which came and went quickly thankfully. As am typing this the snow is falling outside, Worryingly they are small flakes, which round here means (usually) big snow. I have stopped looking at weather forecasts now as they are generally wrong and of course irritate me no end.

On Friday evening I dragged Rob kicking and screaming to Leon's Furniture Store. They had a 3 day sale event on and I had my heart set on a sofa and chair that I saw weeks ago in there, we ended up putting down a deposit to hold the sale price and stock is due in in April. We only have to pay the tax and then have 18 months interest free to pay the rest off. We have had our current suite for about 14 years, so I think it is long overdue personally. The old one will go in our family room and the new on in the living room.

Saturday Anne and Smiffy invited me along to the Home Show in Halifax. Having not been before I wasn't sure what to expect...It was much much smaller than the Idea Home Show in London with no gadgets, but more booths on heating, flooring, windows, roofing, decking etc. Anne and I picked up a whole load of leaflets and filled in a wad of slips to win things, I think she and I are both hoping we win the pergola, hot tub and smoker prize...:o) For a small show we spent hours there and it was fun to get out of the house and hibernation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template