Sunday, May 5, 2013

And the Sun Kept Shining...

Yes indeed, A beautiful weather weekend Not a cloud in the sky either day. I also believe the UK is getting some much needed sunshine for this (bank holiday) weekend.

And so another week has come to a close and I am up late once more updating my blog, so I will make this swift as I really need to get some sleep.

Attended photo club on Wednesday. I wasn't going to, but there were a couple of things on the agenda that I was interested in. One being a slide show of the trip we did to the Lumber Yard a few weeks back and the other was a talk via Skype by a lady who shoots landscape photography in California. Well one of the two items was interesting...The slide show was very good, however the Skype guest speaker, not so much. Lovely lady and some great photos, very talented...But her talent didn't extend to public speaking. For every sentence there was at least 2 um's. She unfortunately had a very monotone voice as well which didn't help matters as I witnessed at least 3 club members drop off to sleep...which kept me amused at least. The Skype call dropped out at around 40 minutes in,  (thank god), which meant we could take a break and slap ourselves in the face to wake up enough for round two after the break. I think they must have told her to speed it up some for the second half as she rattled through it pretty quickly.

This week saw the finale of Big Brother Canada...and What a fiasco that was. I loved it, but oh how I cringed watching it as Camp Gary was well on his way to being the first ever winner of the show, the ex housemates, now jury members had to vote between him and Jillian from Nova Scotia. It was pretty obvious to see from who was on the Jury as to which way the votes would go BUT THEN....Topaz...Camp Gary's best mate in the house cast her vote and was too busy looking and talking to the cameras to notice she had pulled out the wrong voting key, so when they were tallied up, she had voted for Jillian, after much faffing about, an extreme amount of awkwardness, Topaz pleading for a re-vote and commercial break, a re-vote was denied and Jillian went on to win by one vote meaning that Topaz has cost her best mate Gary $80,000. Best TV I have seen in ages.

Saturday Rob and I went out shopping (oh how he enjoyed that with me...Not). I needed to get a couple of bits to wear as Summer's coming and my trusty old swimsuit's lycra has just given out and gone all thin on me. I seemed to take forever in the changing rooms, swimsuits here are a pain in the arse, all I wanted was a plain one piece black suit, and what I ended up with was a two piece tankini thing with a patterned jade coloured top half. Not impressed at all, and having tried on pretty much every damn suit in two shops over my underwear I was pretty frazzled. Funny thing was I woke up early Sunday to find one of the gusset protection stickers still stuck to the inside of my leg.

Today (Sunday) Rachael and I went out exploring again, it was such a nice day for it. Too nice really as some of our subjects really needed my grayness to improve the atmosphere. We went to a few places in the Valley, starting off in Windsor as I have wanted to photograph an old Textile Factory there for the longest time. It was to be turned into condos and you might be able to see in the image (below) that all the windows have been replaced, but the company renovating it ran out of money and it has just been sitting there like this ever since. I am so behind on here in sharing some of the many images I have taken over the past few weeks, that you might just start seeing them randomly now.

Truck-Stop...Taken today near Canning

Windsor Wear Textile Factory...Would have made lovely
Loft-Style Condos, Shame the Money ran Out

One of the many farms in the Truro Area of Nova Scotia
Taken a couple of weekends ago

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template