Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes it's another long weekend here in Canada with it being Thanksgiving weekend.
As I mentioned last week I had a few days off and have been gallivanting around the province with my camera.

On Wednesday I was out with Nancy and we headed to the valley and Howard Dill's Pumpkin Farm. If you are an avid reader you will know I am a huge fan of this place. The weather was amazing, 22.5 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We ended up taking Nancy's convertible and enjoyed the sun on our travels. After the farm we had a nice lunch in Wolfville at our favourite bar and then headed off to the Winery at Grand Pre.

Thursday I stayed at home and did some gardening whist waiting for the maintenance man to call round as we appear to have a leak in our roof, we noticed a damp patch on the ceiling in the (office bedroom). A chap called Dave turned up and had a look, they are going to patch the roof and re-paint our ceiling at some point in the near future...One of the perks of renting, not having to do all that crap yourself :o)

Friday I went out with Anne for the day and we headed off to the South Shore as Anne had not been to Stonehurst or Blue Rocks before. Before we got there though we stopped in Mahone Bay to check out the scarecrows and ended up wandering around the shops. I fell in love with a clock in my favourite shop and this caused me somewhat of a dilemma as it was quite pricey, I wanted it but should I buy it, after much faffing about I decided I wasn't going to...Not then anyway.

After realizing what the time was we had a quick lunch in the pub and then drove along to Stonehurst. Anne mentioned on route about a Tim Horton's Photo Comp that is running right now and we decided that she should definitely enter, you have to show yourself enjoying a Tim's coffee in your local area and what better backdrop to have than Blue Rocks (Image below).

Robert (Smiffy) Smith arrived for good on Thursday this week and to celebrate his arrival and mine and Rob's (12th) wedding anniversary (any excuse)...Anne, Rob, Robert and myself went out for dinner at Wharf Wraps for fish and chips. Great food and great company! Robert now has to get himself sorted out with a car, a job and a place to live...Just a few things to keep him busy!:o)

Now back to that clock! I couldn't let it go, so Rob and I headed back to Mahone Bay to get it on Saturday. It is now on the wall in the front room and I love it. It's pretty large with grungy, retro tin disc numbers and sounds terrible if I try and describe it so I will have to post a photo of it at some point.

Finally, birthday wishes go out this week to my best mate Sarah...Hope you had a great day!!!

The Pumpkin Bench

All Shapes & Sizes

Autumn Harvest

Howard Dill's Pumpkin Farm

Stonehurst, always beautiful!

Anne, Enjoying a Tim's at Blue Rocks





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template