Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day!

Well it's a long weekend for us here in Canada as we celebrate the 145th birthday of the Country. The weather could not be any better, it's been a scorching 30 degrees and the perfect weather for doing very little.

Anne (friend and fellow photo club member) and I got together on Saturday and for an impromptu photo trip to Ross Farm. I think we nearly melted out in the heat but it was a lovely day none the less.
There were some adorable cats and kittens there, all of which I wanted to take home with me, the piglets were so adorable too. On Sunday I was due to go to a Canada Day party but plans changed so instead Anne and I met up again today and headed for the lake, we spent most of the afternoon in the water and catching a few rays in between. (Slightly lobsterish now from the sun).

Rob was working today, so he missed out on the swim, but this evening all three of us headed down to Alderney Landing to enjoy the free concert and the fireworks. Of course music wise there was no topping Steven Page from last year, but my favourite offering would have to be Tim Chaisson & Morning Fold Click on the link and you can hear a couple of tracks from them.

The harbour looked especially pretty tonight with all the boats gathered on the water fpr the evenings events and an almost full moon shimmering on the surface. Great atmosphere. They had a new addition this year as well, a Canadian Flag projected on to and through a wall of sprayed water. Clever and very effective. Sadly I have no photos for you as I decided to enjoy the spectacle this year rather than trying to capture it all through a lens! I wish that some of you in the UK be here now to see and enjoy Nova Scotia in the Summer, it really is tropical right now and everywhere is just so pretty. The only down side to this is that our house is hot as hell and worryingly I have spotted a couple of earwigs in the last couple of days. I hope this isn't the start of yet another Earwig Watch!

We have a bank holiday tommorow and I also have Tuesday off....Hooray! I think that my lawn chair is beckoning :o)

And finally, a quick shout out to my friend Kim, Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day!

Walking back in Time - Ross Farm

House and Barn - Ross Fam
The Cutest Kitten!

Inquisitive Sniffers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template