Saturday, April 14, 2012

Going Getty

Blimey it's been a long and busy week. My news is once again sparse, I have struggled on with the mother of all head colds since Tuesday. I was so ill on Wednesday...Or I must have looked so ill that they sent me home from work. My eyes have been streaming and my head was so bunged up it was almost unbearable. However, having rested most of the day on Saturday I am feeling slightly more human again now.

My big news, if you can call it that, this week is the fact that I have finally given in and signed up with Getty Images. If you are unaware of who or what they are they are the leaders in stock photography. Through Flickr I was asked to join up ages ago and did nothing about it, what put me off, and still does, is the exclusivity rules of submitting work to them but as I am not selling my work anywhere right now I figured what the heck. My good friend Nancy has been signed up for quite some time and sells regularly on there making a couple of hundred dollars a month on average, so fingers crossed some of my images might just sell and make me a few quid. Initially they wanted 9 images, as soon as I got them processed through the system (which is time consuming and very boring) I was then asked for another 78 images, so you can imagine what I have been doing with most of my spare time!

Rob and I managed a quick jaunt out on Sunday afternoon/evening. The sun was shining, albeit a little on the breezy side, so we popped along to Peggy's Cove to see what the sunset would be like, as you can see, it was pretty nice!


Peggy's Sunset, taken on Sunday evening


The Potting Shed...Get it? Taken at New Harbour


Island Life, what a place to live, taken from Bush Island

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template