Saturday, February 4, 2012

Groundhog Day Again :o)

I cannot believe it was Groundhog Day once again this week, it only seems like yesterday that I was writing about this last year.

All around the country and in the USA Groundhogs have been dragged out of their warm little nests to see if they can see their shadows. In case you have all forgotten, if they see a shadow and run back into their burrow it means that we supposedly have 6 more weeks of Winter. If they don't see a shadow then an early Spring is on the way.

Neither Willie (The Albino) Groundhog in Ontario, nor Shubenacadie Sam saw any shadows. My guess is that poor old Sams' eyes hadn't adjusted to the morning light as he was dragged out and as for poor old Willie...He is an Albino...I would be surprised if he has ever seen a shadow, bless him!

The results of the Canadian Groundhogs were at odds with the famous Punxsutawney Phil of Pittsburg (As in Groundhog Day the movie!) Now he did see a shadow and was met with boos from the crowds...Awwww, poor Phil. An Interesting fact I didn't know which really made me laugh was the hill on which Phil makes his predictions is called Gobbler's Knob, now c'mon that is funny!

I just hope Willie and Sam are right, I would really like to see the back of Winter now. It's okay for a while but then it gets on my nerves.

In other news Metro Transit have gone on strike. This is not good in my opinion as it means the 96,000 people that rely on buses now need to find ways of getting to work. Some of them are lift sharing and well done to them! Others I think have decided to dust off the cars they couldn't drive before and have hit the roads! In the last two days, the traffic has been chaotic and not surprisingly there was a 5 car pile up and a stalled vehicle on the MacKay Bridge causing mayhem all over the place. I just hope the strike doesn't go on too long. I heard from others that the Toronto and Newfoundland strikes went on for 4 months! The roads will be carnage, there are enough bad drivers here without adding to them.

A quick footnote and shout out to my friend Lorraine who celebrated her birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template