Sunday, August 28, 2011

Batten Down the Hatches!

Another rather uneventful week, it has been hot and humid and pretty unbearable on some days. Sleeping has been pretty tricky in the White household as there is literally no air flow in our house. Every day at work has seemed like 2 and the weekend couldn't have come fast enough.

Robert has been working down at UHaul most of the weekend, so time out doing stuff has been limited. I went to the lake yesterday with Nancy and Brenda for a swim which was just what i needed to cool off. The water was surprisingly warm and we stayed in a good hour or so just bobbing abut chatting.

In the evening Rob and I took a drive out to Terence Bay, it was beautifully sunny still...for a while and then the fog came in. The mosquitoes were out in full force and I have a few bites today even though I had covered myself in lotion to try and keep them away. After we got back we got a Chinese take out, I had been hankering for one again, and still have enough left over for today!

As for today, no plans, I have some editing to do and it's raining outside. Tropical Storm Irene is on it's way, and tonight we are supposed to get winds of up to 100 km an hour, so that's to look forward to. I can't say I am looking forward to my trip into work tomorrow across the bridge as it really moves in the wind. Power outages are definitely on the cards, so I am getting this post in now before we get cut off.


Sandy Cove Lighthouse at Terence Bay Yesterday


Another shot of Sambro Head Island Lighthouse

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template