Saturday, May 28, 2011

Trash the Dress

This week has flown by thankfully as we only had the 4 days to contend with thanks to the Bank Holiday.

As I mentioned in my last post, I was out with the some of the camera club on the Monday for the 'Trash the Dress shoot" I took along Rebecca as my model and several photographers and models turned up for the occasion. We all split into smaller groups and headed off to photograph our models in various locations around the city.

We were all supposed to start at the same time and end up at a beach location at 1pm, I have to say that our group failed that challenge as we were having way too much fun with our models and props! We actually finished at around 6 pm.

Having never shot people before I was definitely out of my comfort zone, but loved it. Rebecca and Happy (our other model, and yes that is her name) were fantastic and were willing to dress up and slap on the war paint in Tim's on route to the next location. You can see some of my results below here, to see more take a look at my flickr stream.

All that crouching and squatting for the shoot, left me in agony on Tuesday and Wednesday, I think I pretty much tore my thigh muscles to shreds. That said, the pain was so bad that every other pain I had faded away. Now my legs have healed, by back has starting playing me up again, so I headed to the doctors today and have been told that I have so much stress in my back that I need to go for massage therapy and have a referral note to get that done. After the therapy I will have to try and improve my slouchy posture!

Next week we have Lisa and Eunice visiting from Toronto, they will be on a whistle stop trip see Blake (Lisa's Son, Eunice's Grandson) graduate from Dalhousie University. We hope to catch up with them on Tuesday at some point and are really looking forward to seeing them.

Happy on the Rail Tracks, we all ran when the train came!


Alice in Hubcap Land

Happy Jump

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template