Sunday, April 3, 2011

Surf's Up

I had a trip to the dentist this week for my scale and polish, ordinarily you would think that this would take too long at all especially as my teeth are in very good nick. Anyhow I ended up in the chair for nearly and hour and a half. She certainly did a brilliant job and my teeth have never looked better, but it just goes to show how dentists in the UK (at least mine) don't really put the effort in. Whenever I have been in the past, I have had the check up and he has cleaned off a couple of problem areas and maybe run a little polish over a couple of stains and that would be it, 20 mins if that, in and out. Quite clearly this wasn't enough. It's no wonder that people over here think that the English all have bad teeth...lol

The scaling over here was so thorough and she polished every single tooth inside and out. The verdict thankfully is that I do have good teeth, no gum disease and am not prone to cavities, if however you are not as lucky as me in the teeth department, make sure next time you get a check up in the UK they do a proper job and don't skim it!!

Wednesday night I met up with some of the camera gang (there was no meeting this week, so we just met for tea at Tim's). Nice to catch up with people and we discussed future possible outings to various places.

Saturday night Rob and I went to Melissa's house warming party over in Sackville. She has a nice little duplex, split level, very neat. Met her sister Janna and her boyfriend Adam, I liked both of them very much and would love to hook up with them again in the future. There were also some other friends of hers there and her Neighbour Derek, who is certainly a bit of a character. Quite drunk when he arrived but funny. I have a few beers which was nice for a change and we got back around midnight.

Today we popped over to Lawrencetown Beach to watch some of the surfing contest that was going on out there. The waves were very impressive, but I made the mistake of sitting on the ground and ended up with a very wet arse, so we decided to come home.

Surfing at Lawrencetown


Plenty of waves to be caught!

Surf's Up

1 comments:

Unknown on February 9, 2016 at 12:24 AM said...

cool photos! its one of the favourites for the Surfers. I use to Boogie Board here, it was fun to play in the waves.



Jane@Plateau Natura

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template