Sunday, February 13, 2011

Canadian 43!

Well this week has been exceptionally long and very busy for me. As well as turning 43, my learning curve continued at work and now Arthur is on vacation it's up to me next week to run the large format colour section, I am under no illusion there will be some stress along the way, but who knows I may just surprise myself.

Wednesday and Thursday night this week Nancy, Dave and myself spent the evening round at Kevin Hall's place (another fellow photographer), we were there to judge some images that were submitted from other clubs. On the first evening we were judging images sent by another local club. It was a lengthy process but we had some fun and Kevin's place is just stunning. His house is one road away from where I want to live in Dartmouth. The houses look quite small from the front but inside they are cosy and have plenty of space, 3 bedrooms on the main floor, 160ft garden out back and downstairs I one bedroom apartment, which would make for a great rental...Best of all though is the view of Halifax Harbour front. Anyway I digress, Thursday was my birthday and we were back judging again, It turns out that Dave and I share the same birthday, this fact did not go unrecognised by Kevin and Barb (his wife) who got in a lovely cake to celebrate. This time we were judging images from Wincanton Club, a long awaited international image exchange. The quality and standard were very high (to be expected), and it was again a lengthy night of decision making.

We didn't actually celebrate my birthday until last night, when a few of us went out to Eastern Passage for a meal...Fish and Chips of course. There were 9 of us in total, Dave, Darrel, Melissa, Kevin, Barb, Nancy, Wayne, Rob and myself. A lovely evening with fab food and great company. There is a photo floating around on Darrel's camera, but he has yet to send it to me, will post it as and when I get it.

The deer paid a visit today, they haven't been round in a while, so it was nice to see them out and about, I popped out and fed them an apple and took a few shots, finally see them in proper daylight, made getting those shots just a bit easier! There is still now everywhere here, nothing seems to melt and more falls and just adds to it, but the weather today was just lovely, beautifully sunny and no wind most importantly.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your lovely cards and gifts you sent. I loved them all. I have worn all the jewelry and the scarves this week. I have yet to hang my bunting but will decide on a place for it in due course. Nancy bought me some wine, choccies and a really cool mug for my take out tea from Tim's which I cannot wait to use. Yes...I have submitted to the Canadian way of walking round with Tea on the go!


Got anymore apples?


Perhaps there are some apples over there?


Pretty little abandoned house in the snow, taken whilst out the other
weekend on the Eagle Watch

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template