Sunday, December 26, 2010

That was Christmas!

Well that was Christmas. All that build up and it's over. Perhaps now the radio stations will get back to normal and stop playing bloody Christmas tunes.

I hope you all enjoyed you day. Christmas Eve started full on here for me. I worked in the morning till noon, well I say worked, but not much work was happening. We ordered Chinese which was nice and we all got given gift vouchers which was unexpected.

After work, Rebecca came back to my place as she wanted me to take some photos of her to give to her mum and dad for Christmas. I don't normally take portraits, but I thought I would give it a go and I was pretty pleased with the results. Helped largely by the fact she has a very pretty and photogenic face.

At 5.30 pm Rob and I were due round Caroline and Ted's for a pot luck nibbles evening. Caroline was a customer who came into for some copying, we got chatting, she is from Montreal and has recently moved here. She came back the next day and invited Rob and I round for dinner one night as she doesn't know many people here and said she enjoyed chatting with me. To be honest I really wasn't sure if we would get on as I think we are very different types of people. Anyway, Rob and I really enjoyed the evening with them. They had another couple of friends round, called Gerald and Suzanne and the conversation was lively and interesting.

Christmas morning I was so tired I didn't even wake up until 12.30 pm. We headed over to Deb's place at around 1.15pm. Spent the day with Deb, Kevin, Liam and Doreen (Doreen is Debs mum), Lovely house, gorgeous food and great company. We ended up watching a film so we didn't get back until around 11 pm.

Today I have a ton of stuff to do, all of which involve chores of one sort or another. This evening we have been invited round next door for nibbles and drink. and then I hope to get over to Nancy's on Monday.

I don't think I have ever been this busy at Christmas before!!

In other news I did sell the licences to those images and I got paid this week for them. They also phoned me and want to buy more in due course as well as maybe use my design skills, the owner is coming to Halifax for a trade show in February so I will meet up with him then. So this is very good news.

Also I am pleased to tell you that Rob passed his theory Gas exam. This is of course the first of many he has to do, but it's a good start. Rob received a small cheque from Metro Burners as a Christmas gift as well as some vouchers. From Uhaul he got a turkey, which we have yet to cook!

For my amusement please find another video below, this time featuring Dad and Marjorie.

Two of my favourite shots of Rebecca

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template