Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

What a week! Busy at work, I managed to fit in both my jobs, which was quite some effort I can tell you. I plan on getting back down the car lot again this Monday after Pete's.

What with the drama of Darrel the cat, and work, plus yet another trip to the doctor due to the fact I have more cysts and am yet again back on antibiotics the week flew past and on Friday I met up with Nancy at the lake for a swim which was much needed as the temperature has been around 27 degrees most of the week. It was good to catch up as she has been away in Vancouver for the past week attending her Niece's wedding. I also got to meet one her other friends Brenda who is also very nice and good company.

Saturday I did pretty much nothing apart from a little housework and it was great! Rob was working at UHaul from lunchtime till 7 pm, when he got back we went out for a quick bite to eat and had a relatively early night as we were both knackered.

Today we were invited out with Tom and Marg to their members club 'The Weagwoltic' Affectionately known to all as The Wag! In essence it's a country club with tennis, swimming and sailing on the agenda. We made full use of the salt water pool today, it was so hot and the water came as a welcome relief. After spending an enjoyable afternoon relaxing in the sun we went back to their place for a lovely dinner.

Also this week, I was chatting with my neighbour about Darrel the cat and whilst sat in their back yard, I finally got to see a hummingbird in real life. They have one of those special feeders to attract them, I had know idea they were so tiny. Seen them tons of times in photos but to actually see a real was just great, just a shame I didn't have my camera with me at that moment!

Who knows what this week will hold! The fine weather looks set to continue, if the forecast can be believed.


The salt water pool at The Weagwoltic (one of 4 pools)


Weagwoltic means near to the water...As you can see it it!


The Changing Rooms and Club House

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template