Tuesday, June 29, 2010

HRH and Raccoons!

I know, I am a tad behind on posting. Well as some of you know HRH is here visiting us in Halifax. The poor woman arrived yesterday in torrential rain, I noted on the news she held her own brolly :o) Her visit caused traffic mayhem on both toll bridges yesterday. Today, not so bad. I think she was heading out down the harbour to view the fleet of Naval ships.

She must have been just around the corner from our house as the police had the road to the Bedford Institute of Oceanography blocked off. (That's about a five minute walk down the road from us).

Rob and I were out running errands earlier and as we crossed over the Mackay Bridge, the fleet were all dotted about all around the harbour, I have to say it was a very impressive display. Sadly I have no photo for you as you cannot stop on that bridge, so you will just have to take my word for it.

I had my first haircut on Saturday and what a shocker...I hated it!
I shall not be going back there again. Lovely girl though, but seriously I took a photo of my hair after it was cut the last time in the UK and what she did was nothing like it! The bit I have the most problem with is the way she has cut it around the back, it makes my head look an even odder shape than it did before!

Last weekend (Sunday) we headed off to a favourite haunt of mine, The Shubenacadie Wildlife Park as I was in the mood for photographing critters. You know you are not in England anymore when the animals you get to see are American Mink, Moose, Coyotes, Wolves and Raccoons! Rob and I have been there twice before on past trips to the Province.

Thursday this week is Canada day and a Bank Holiday here. There is a ton of stuff going on down at the harbour on both sides including the Military Tattoo parade plus live music and fireworks in the evening, so I expect we will pop on down and see what's going on.

I am awaiting Rob's return at the moment from the interview he went for, so no news yet on that. Things are slow at the car lot, I checked in today to give them an invoice for last week and I will have some more work there next week. In the meantime we are both continuing to look for job openings.

On the health front, I started putting the drops in my ear and since then have had nothing but shooting pain in it...I suppose that is a good thing?! What with my blood pressure tablets, the antibiotics, the anti-histamine's and the ear drops I am like the walking wounded right now!

Who couldn't love a face like this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template